Friday, June 22, 2007

About Me and Romantic Reads

This blog was created because I am crazy about romance novels. I started writing reviews to keep track of the novels I'd already read--because romance books tend to be similar, I would go to my library and pick up an Amanda Quick novel, and have no idea whether I'd read it already.

Now I've made this blog, because I figured I may as well share my reviews with others. I also wanted a chance to gab about those books I've read with others who have read them; not enough of my friends have the guts to read romance novels! And yes, I do think it takes guts to walk up to a cash register and buy a book with two half-naked people making out in a field of flowers on the cover. So this blog is a chance to connect with other people who have the courage to face those cashiers, and to hear your rants and raves about books I've read.

You can find your way around this blog using the links on the right side of the page--Romantic Reads Reviews, Non-Romantic Reads, and Discussion Forums. I've tried to make it all as user-friendly as possible, but if something bothers you, let me know.

I should also mention that my future reviews will be significantly shorter than those posted. The reviews already up were simply transferred from my Live Journal, where I didn't really care about readability. But I plan on editing those, and limiting my future reviews to something like 200 or 250 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your great reviews. The books I think sounded best were by Kleypas. I liked the review too. Thanks again!